There are many things about Petra that have impressed me during the course of this project.
- They are powered by prayer. They have created a national Prayer Warriors club to mobilize Christians to pray,
- They are scripture-based. There are scripture references to every song they sing.
- Their lyrics are sound. I encourage you to read the lyrics to every song in this book. As I read them, I knew that their author had a deep walk with the Living God. Little did I know how this was to be confirmed.
- They are founded in commitment. I was talking to a Nashville recording engineer who happened to go to the same church as one of the Petra band members. He told me that I would seldom meet more committed Christians than that man and his family. I have since heard the same from others about the whole group.
As I was writing these arrangements, I found that every song worked especially well for youth choir. We purposely used a youth choir to record this collection, not only to test the arrangements but also to have an authentic youth sound on the recording. Paul Mills - who works with Wayne Watson, Gabriel, and others - did a fantastic job in creating tracks that are true to the spirit if the artist versions, yet workable for the church.
I am excited that we were able to include devotionals for each song, written by J. Dennis Miller for interl'inc of Waco, Texas. As a music minister and youth choir director, I appreciate having a tool that I can use to spend time with the youth spiritually as well as musically. Lastly, I would like to thank all of the staff at Word Music who have worked so diligently to bring this collection to you.
Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, and as you sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God. And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him. Col. 3:16-17 (NIV)
Don't Let Your Heart Be Hardened
What's In A Name
I Am Available
Somebody's Gonna Praise His Name
Bible Study Guide
Bible Study: Creed
Bible Study: Don't Let Your Heart Be Hardened
Bible Study: First Love
Bible Study: What's In A Name
Bible Study: Prayer
Bible Study: Beyond Belief
Bible Study: I Am Available
Bible Study: Somebody's Gonna Praise His Name
Bible Study: Open Book
Bible Study: Love
- Release date
- Word Music 301 0208 014
- Other details
- 16 x 24 cm 120-page stapled book
- Choral arrangements by Gary Rhodes
- Track programming by Paul Mills
- Art design: G. von Wollenberg
- Piano transcriptions and music engravings: Bill Wolaver
- Edited by Richard Huggins
- Printed by Davis Brothers Publishing Co., Inc., Waco, TX
- Companion materials
- Choral Book - 301 0208 014
- Cassette - 701 9223 508
- Compact Disc - 701 9223 591
- Accompaniment Cassette - 301 4186 082
- Accompaniment Compact Disc - 301 9223 58X
- Practice Trax - 301 0038 674
- Synth and Rhythm Parts - 301 0288 255